Archive for the ‘Photography’ Category
I have been using a Crumpler 6M Dollar Bag, which has been excellent (and the customer service is excellent), but has one flaw, I really cannot fit in my ipad. So I have gotten myself a ONA Street Bag and updated it for my travels. What is in this bag, starting from the left ….
- ONA Waxed Cotton Messenger Bag – I do not like camera bags that look like camera bags. Good bag, but would like 2 additional features:
- Another inch depth in the laptop sleeve for laptop + ipad
- A loop in the front pocket to clip accessories.
- Nikon D600 – Zeiss Milvus 50mm f2 Makro-Planar
- + Crumpler Wrist Strap – strongly recommended
- + 67mm B+W KSM C-Polarizer for the 50mms
- If the polarizer is not on, then a protective clear B+W filter is on.
- Zeiss 25mm f2 with a thin ring clear B+W protective filter.
- Filter Case for unused filter on the 50mm lens.
- Spare Batteries for 2 Cameras.
- Nikon D600 + Battery Charger
- Nikon AW100 – Waterproof. This camera get little use, so to save space, I do not include the charger.
- Lifetrons Universal Power Adapter with 2 USB Charging Ports. No longer made, but highly recommended. If I am going to South Africa or India, I also include my wide 2 pin adapter.
- Nikon AW100 – If I am worry about security or wet weather, I use this camera that is tucked in the outer side pocket.
- Business Cards – mine Employeer’s and Mine
- Morphie PowerStation (for iphone, ipad and local wifi adapter)
- Ipad (purple case) and sitting on top and to the right:
- Moleskins Notebook (small as shown or medium)
- Wallet – (Backup cards are kept elsewhere)
- Acme Pen (present from Tesla (daughter))
- Etymotic Headset for Cell-Phone
- Lanyard with
- USB Memory Stock x2
- Office Security Fob
- Travel Charm from Kyoto Shrine (Caitlan’s (other daughter urging))
- Purple Bag (it is Dack Shoes Bag not Crown Royal), holding a collection of important little support-backup items, including:
- iPad file transfer connectors
- Apple USB Cables – iPhone and iPad
- USB Cable to D600, which also serves to recharge the Morphie
- Power Cable for the D600 Charger
- D600 Charge goes into the bag to.
- D600 DK21 Eyepiece Cover – as I always knock them off.
Missing from the Picture:
What else that I might add to the kit:
- If I am going to India or South Africa, the wide 2 prong power adapter
- Keyboard for the iPad.
- Laptop in lieu of iPad
- Tabletop Tripod.
- MonoPod – also makes an effective staff (think security)
- A local Pocket Wifi Adapter
- A Comb!
Now the confession. I have other bag(s) that are linked to:
- Sinar f2 4×5
- Wista 4×5 field camera
- Filters + This last bad transcends all cameras and is associated with using the tripod (I have 2), which includes my Lee Filter System.
I am not sure this is progress, with have the weight being consumed by modern electronics. But here it is.
Why no film. I retired by Nikon FM2 when I could no longer shoot Kodachrome. For my return to Black and White, I will keep with the Sinar and Wista and go back to slow contemplative photography.